E3D-V6 mount designed for the Anet-A8 Prusa I3. It should fit to any other Prusa i3 including the MK2 but this has not been tested.
What makes it special:
- easy to print: overhangs limited to 45°, no supports needed
- using the power of 3D printing for a highly integrated design. (only 3 parts)
- (nearly) print&play design: 3D printer tolerances considered as good as possible and chamfers added so even if your printer is not perfect you may assemble and use it with ease and without or with a minimum of cleaning.
- stiff non-over constrained mounts for: hotend , fan, duct and auto level sensor. So everything stays where it should.
- cable routing and cable-tie supports added
- easy acess to all components for maintenance
- optional a 5mm LED can be added so that you can see what you are currently printing
- The fan duct is designed to maximize the airflow beneath the nozzle cooling the filament as fast as possible. Therefore it is very short and concentrates the airflow right where it is needed.
- The upper linear bearings placed at a distance so that the mount is stiffer.
- It is slighly larger than the original A8 extruder but no print space is lost. For other printers this has to be checked.
- E3D-V6 Bowden Version
- 3x SCS8UU linear bearing mounts with
- 3x LM8UU or Igus RJ4JP-01-08 (recomended) linear bearings
- 18 mm sensor ( I use the LJ18A3-8-Z/BX for wiring and alternatives see: https://3dprint.wiki/reprap/anet/a8/improvement/autobedleveling)
- 2x M4x30 (for the E3D-V6 mount)
- 2x M4 nut
- 12x M4x10 hex socket (for the SCS8UU)
- 12x M4 washers (DIN 125)
- 4x M3x20 hex socket
- 4x M3 nut
The fan can be mounted
with (my preference):
- M4 thread tap
- 1x M4x25
- 1x M4x20
- 1x M4x10
- 3x M4 washers
or (not tested - report if it works or if there is a problem):
- 2x M3x25
- 1x M3x40
- 3x M3 nut
- 3x M4 washers (DIN 125)
for the LED:
- 1x white 5mm LED
- 1x 470 Ohm resistor
- wires to connect it to the heatsink fan wires (allways on)
Marling settings in configuration.h:
define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 33 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
// Set the boundaries for probing (where the probe can reach).
define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 35
define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 200
define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 170
define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 20
define X_MIN_POS -8
define Y_MIN_POS -8
define Z_MIN_POS 0
define X_MAX_POS 220
define Y_MAX_POS 215
define Z_MAX_POS 240
- big strain relief at the top added
- air outlet of the E3D improved