Background: I don't have a pole or something similar to attach my windgauge without major work - I have to stick it to the sheetmetal on my chimney.
I used to use double sided tape to stick the gauge directly to the chimney, but this made battery changing and adjusting the gauge a bit of a hassle. So i decided to use a few minutes of tinkercad and 90min of printing to create a mount which I can screw the factory wind gauge mount onto and stick it to the chimney with double sided tape again.
I designed it to look as seamlessly integrated as possible.
This should have several benefits:
- easy adjusting and battery change of the gauge
- higher up in the airflow, should yield more accurate readings
- looks a bit more professional then just sticking the gauge to the chimney ;)
Warning: this is not tested and it may not work when using tape that doesn't last the outdoor environment!
Just use 3 small screws (I think I used 18x3 or something like that) to attach the factory mount to the baseplate
** Use at your own risk! **