This is a revised enclosure for the new - SMD based hardware version of the DiY geiger counter ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/162282227238?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 and https://github.com/impexeris/DiY-Arduino-Geiger-Counter-SMD/tree/master/Enclosure%20.files%20for%203D%20printing ) by my colleague - eBay vendor impexeris ( http://www.ebay.com/usr/impexeris) .
note: this enclosure is originally for SBM-20 Geiger Müller tube.
if you have an STS-5 (CTC-5) tube print Top-for-STS-5-geiger-tube.stl Bottom-for-STS-5-geiger-tube.stl files. STS-5 is very similar to SBM-20 but it is 2 mm longer.
This enclosure is for use with SBM-20 or CTC-5 geiger tubes.
Besides adjusted geometry for LCD / buzzer / LED, iR receiver power switch and push-buttons new features of the enclosure are:
- additional opening for for the "click/tone" switch
- additional opening for for the "tone" button
- additional opening for serial header access (this opening is semi closed so if it is needed, it can easily be cut-open)
- now the LCD rests on the support pins which direct the display more precisely to its place.
- whole device snaps in and is held by springy-clips
- battery is kept in place by springy-clips
- screw holes and columns are introduced to allow bottom cover to be securely held by two ∅2mm diameter/10mm long screws (∅4mm head diameter)