A set of 3D print profiles for MakerBot Slicer in MakerWare. The purpose is to easily visualise how dense the following different infill percentages
- No roof layer - 0% infill
- No roof layer - 5% infill
- No roof layer - 10% infill
- No roof layer - 15% infill
- No roof layer - 25% infill
- No roof layer - 50% infill
- No roof layer - 100% infill
The 3D model is simply a scaled-up (3 mm) version of the built-in large helper disk in MakerWare. (http://www.makerbot.com/makerware)
We attached the x3g print files which you can copy to an SD card and 3D print with PLA plastic on a MakerBot Replicator 2 3D printer.
The ready-made 3D print profiles are adapted in MakerBot Slicer so that no roof is made. This leaves the top open and exposes the infill.
To achieve a clear visualisation the model was made of two contrasting plastic colours.