So, here's an idea that doesn't work all that well. Not much spin. In any case, maybe worth something to someone.
Print flat and then gently fold at the cuts into a curved, wind-catching shape. Hang outside on a thread and trance out, dude.
- Print with 0.2mm layers, since the fold cuts leave 0.4mm behind.
- Fold into the fold cuts, not away from them (or you'll break off pieces)
- Spins better with a weight tied to the bottom hole.
- Probably would look best with either reflective or translucent plastic, but I'm fresh out of those.
- Ideally, should be hung with a fishing swivel so the suspension string doesn't get all wound up.
- I strongly recommend you print the small test version to make sure your printer is all dialed in and the folds work for you, prior to making a large version.
I've included the OpenSCAD file for those who want to adjust the number of rings, size of rings, polygon type, etc.