EDIT: Print of version 1 was good, but I made some changes to hole alignment and added mounting holes and a cable routing hole.
This gives version 3 which should be the final version.
Any feedback would be handy. I'll upload the S3D factory file when version 3 finishes printing
EDIT 2 - I've got a bit carried away and have played with some other designs.
There are currently three different versions of this. A chunky one with full encapsulation and two smaller ones which just act as shelves.
16/1: Uploaded version 3a . This gives a little more clearance between the sockets and the wall. The original v3 worked, but it was tight. This gives more space and also enlarges the cable routing hole slightly and sets it further back.
I am very much an enthusiastic amateur when it comes to designing. My designs tend to have two things in common
1) They serve a purpose. I like to design functional objects which have a real-world use. 3D printing for art is fine, but it's its real-world application which will take the technology forward
2) Wherever possible I design to be easy to print and try to eschew supports or complex printing; modifying the design where necessary and possible to achieve this.