The door latch handle mechanism on my washing machine recently broke off while moving house. For a few months we used a flat screwdriver shoved in to lever the remains of the handle mechanism to unlock the door, but now I've designed a replacement part.
This part isn't based on the original at all, but it fits in and works well. I put little holes in the handle because they look cool and feel nicer to touch than a blank paddle.
Update: The first version snapped off when printed at low in fill, then with the second version the door somehow jammed shut once - I think the whole mechanism wasn't moving the hook far enough each way. Version 3 scraps the whole thing and starts over, based on calliper measurements of pieces of the original part, the hinge moves freely and with lots of leverage. Tweaked over several prints load is distributed evenly over the plastic, and after one print had a shell peel off like a lamination under stress, I added tiny holes through which the shells wire through, creating little rivets if printed using an extrusion printer like a reprap or makerbot. Version 3 is really strong and works great. I expect my problems are solved ^_^
Print "washing machine handle v3.stl" at 0.2mm layer height with 50% infill in any shade of PLA. This part will probably work fine in other plastics too, but you might need to use a higher infill on more elastic plastics. I printed mine with MakerWare on a Replicator 2. The tiny rivet holes are optimised for a 0.4mm extruder nozzle and 0.2mm layer height, but everything else probably doesn't mind much.