The LACK Shelving System enables the classic IKEA LACK side table to form unlimited combination of shelves with 3D printed joints.
It provides a choice of shelf that is flexible, cheap and easily accessible.
project is an entry to the IKEA Democratic Design Challenge.
## #If you like this project, please visit the challenge's site and vote for me (just by clicking like on the object page). Thanks in advance :) https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-modular-lack-shelving-system-71409
- Chose any rigid filament to your preference. Consider dimensional shrinkage if use high temperature filament such as ABS or PC, etc.
- Print the joints with decent amount of infill, more than 25%.
- To quickly install a large number of tables, print the leg spinner and put it on a driver with 1/4"(6.35mm) hex square nut.
- Drill on legs only after the tables are assembled and put together in place. This method compensate for the inaccuracy and inconsistancy of leg placements.
- Drill the legs with 3mm or 4mm bits through the holes on joints.
- Install the foot/damper only on the bottom row of tables.
- 10g(M5)x15-20mm Flat Head Screw (Pan head is used in my photos since it is more accessible for me. Flat head protects the wall better)
- 1/4"(6.35mm) Hex Square Nut
Ryan Huang from Melbourne