A Nautilus submarine from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea has been captured and sealed in a bottle!
This is the same model from the "Fleet of Nautilus" thing that I created earlier with an accompanying bottle.
The bottle is printed in natural transparent PLA (standard resolution, 1 shell and 0% infill).
The models were printed on a MakerBot Replicator 2 in PLA.
Don't use supports.
A raft is recommended for the bottle to make sure that it doesn't come loose during the build.
I scaled the models by %1000 to get the objects you see in the pictures (If you print smaller, you may have trouble because some of the Nautilus features are quite thin).
Here is the recipe:
1) Print the Nautilus halves, flat side on the build platform
2) Glue them together and decorate (paint it, glue wiggly eyes for the window(s) etc)
3) Print the bottle upside down (with the top on the build platform).
4) Use standard resolution, 1 shell, and 0% infill (standard resolution seems to give the best "transparent" result).
5) IMPORTANT: At about 95% through the build pause the build in sleep mode (on a Replicator 2 this will move the print head out of the way)
6) Carefully insert the Nautilus nose down.
7) Resume the build
At the end you should have a nicely sealed and trapped Nautilus!