Tired of the fragile needles getting bent and damaged when travelling with a pet fur brush?
Protective cover for a CROCI brand (and similar) slicker brush.
If you already have a medium size brush of this style, then print the included stl and enjoy.
If your brush is a different size, this model can be customized to fit most brushes with the following steps:
- Take brush, place it on paper, retract needles and trace contour with pen.
- Extend lines from contour to match side profile of brush.
- Draw square of known size around contour and take photo from medium distance (to avoid lens distortion) with your phone.
- In Photoshop / GIMP or equivalent, correct perspective to the drawn square.
- Trace path using path tool, forming a 1.5mm thick region adjacent to the drawn line (see path.svg for reference).
- Export path to path.svg (replace the one used in the files of this thing).
- Edit path.svg to enter total width / total height of drawn region to match that measured from your brush.
- Edit SlickerBrushCover.scad in OpenSCAD and add your custom parameters with included offset values.