Portal of broken arch belonging to the Church of St. John the Baptist, located in the Castle of Montemor-o-Novo. This church already existed in 1302 and its foundation probably happened during the thirteenth century. Situated in the southeast of the Church, this broken arch where one of the smaller ones fits most probably belongs to the original portal of the Church of St. John the Baptist.
More information: Lopes, Gonçalo, "The Church of S. João Baptista de Montemor-o-Novo: an archeology of the monument", Almansor: Revista de Cultura (2nd Series), nº 6, 2007, pp. 59-90